Hey folks. We’re here to talk about The Open Bottle and Coronavirus (COVID-19). As a small business that supports many families, it’s important for us to stay ahead of this as best as we can.
We wanted to take a moment to keep you updated on how we’re doing our part. As many of you already know, since day one we’ve always taken pride in keeping our store clean. We’ve always kept a tight cleaning regiment. We use a dishwasher with a 140°F rinse & sanitation cycle to wash our glassware, so every glass comes out cleaned exactly the same way. And we actively clean our bar, tables, bathrooms, and all high traffic areas.
For official information regarding COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.
On Thursday (3/12), we deep cleaned all surfaces, including the bar, tables and ledges, and chairs with disinfectant. We plan to continue this deep cleaning at least once a week.
What we’ve been doing to help
• We’re washing our hands more often than normal – at the start of every shift, after handling cash and cards, and/or at least every 30 minutes
• Wiping down all of our iPad register screens as often as possible
• No longer offering our free pretzels unless individually requested
• The bar and tables are being wiped with sanitizer after every customer visit
• Bathrooms are being cleaned with sanitizer throughout the day
• Other areas of the shop (door knobs, fridge doors, all entrance handles) are being cleaned with sanitizer
• We’re performing a deep clean every Sunday by wiping down all the tables (top/sides) and chairs (seats/backs/legs) with sanitizer
• Menu board backs are being cleaned with sanitizer throughout the day and at the end of the day
• We are encouraging our staff to stay home if they’re not feeling well and, as always, offering paid time off for our full-time staff
What you can do to help
• Please pay with credit or debit cards instead of cash to help reduce the amount of contact
• If you’re not feeling well, please stay home to decrease the risk of spreading any kind of sickness
• Our bathroom facilities are always stocked with hand soap to wash your hands and paper towels to dry them. Please wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with hot water.
We hope that you keep a hygienic routine, healthy mind, and continue supporting your favorite local businesses. We’re here if you need us. Stay healthy.