We’re always looking for craft beer lovers to join The Open Bottle team! We’re an energetic team of beer enthusiasts that love recommending beers, discussing current beer news, sampling the latest and greatest beers, learning about new ones, and giving our customers the best experience possible. We’re guessing if you’re here, these things are apart of you, too!
full time & part time
Tinley Park and Lockport
Part-time positions are typically 8 to 30 hours per week. Full-time positions are typically 35 to 45 hours per week. Must have daytime, nighttime, and weekend availability, and ability to work at both locations (Tinley Park and Lockport). Compensation is hourly, tips, and benefits (see below).
Entails assisting customers in finding and encouraging to purchase required merchandise in a craft beer retail shop and tap room environment.
• Proven working experience in customer service
• Basic understanding of beer (styles, history, brewing process)
• Proficiency in English
• Track record of over-achieving sales quota
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Cicerone certification(s) preferred
• IL BASSET certification preferred
• Customer service focus
• High school degree; college degree preferred
• Greet all customers as they walk in
• Assess the customer’s needs and make any recommendations or help locate the merchandise
• Describe products accurately
• Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
• Arrange and display merchandise properly
• Assist with monthly product inventory
• Relocate products from the new arrivals section to appropriate areas
• Price tag new products as they arrive
• Interact with customers, take orders, and serve snacks and drinks
• Check customer’s identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
• Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
• Work with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
• Restock and replenish tap room and bathroom inventory and supplies
• Lift boxes, kegs, and other items
• Swap and tap new kegs with old kegs
• Comply with all food and beverage regulations
• Paid time off
• Free shift beer
• Invitations to paid team outings & annual holiday party
• New Years Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day off. Plus shortened hours on other holidays!
• Discounts on any off-premise, merch, or bottle purchases
• Quarterly bonus program
• Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (full-time only)
We will post open positions on this page as they become available. Running our shop takes time (lots of time) and careful attention, so please forgive us if we don’t get back to you right away.
If there are no openings, you can always email us your resume at [email protected]